Teton Valley Community Recycling (TVCR) is looking for our next organizational leader. Partner with our Board of Directors and contribute to promoting a sustainable community and a cleaner Teton Valley. Our mission is to promote ethical waste reduction solutions that are financially and environmentally sound for our community. We work in Teton County Idaho to implement programs, educate about, and advocate for waste reduction, reuse, and recycling.
The Executive Director works with the TVCR Board, supporters, and community partners, including the County Transfer Station and the commercial waste hauler, RAD Curbside. This position has a myriad of responsibilities including managing our operations and finances, and direct staffing of programs on an ongoing basis. A high degree of initiative and attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional attitude and flexibility are required in order to balance the variety of responsibilities and partners. The ideal candidate will have experience with non-profit administration, working with a volunteer board of directors, grant writing experience, strong software skills, an affinity for teaching, and a commitment to service.
Schedule: Flexible work schedule is one of the main perks. This position is a 20 to 30 hour per week position. Work from home is possible. Occasional evening and weekend work is required for various events.
Compensation: Starting salary is dependent on experience for this 20-30 hour per week position. Non-taxable benefits are available, including a cost of living stipend, phone, mileage reimbursement, and more.
- You will serve as a knowledgeable, friendly, professional first point of contact for the organization.
- Oversee all day to day operations of TVCR.
- Implement and maintain timely programs that encourage our community to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Prioritize and manage multiple new and ongoing projects with varying timelines and priorities.
- Coordinate fundraising goals and functions with the board; fund future TVCR initiatives through grant writing.
- Partner with the county, the waste hauler, and other essential partners to increase waste diversion in the county by representing TVCR’s goals in regular meetings with these parties.
- Provide TVCR education programs in the schools, as well as other community education initiatives with a broad range of people.
- Work with volunteers and the board to maintain our Terracycle, Bags to Benches, and other waste collection programs.
- Answer waste reduction and recycling questions from the public through the “Text to Recycle” program, and work with the county transfer station to help disseminate recycling information.
- Stay abreast of local, regional, and national solid waste topics.
- Prepare for, coordinate, and support monthly board meetings with the board.
- Develop and maintain a balanced annual budget.
- Maintain and update all TVCR files and documents in a timely manner; keep computer software running and current.
- Regularly maintain web and social media sites.
- Maintain donor database files.
- You’re an enthusiastic and knowledgeable advocate for waste reduction, with a commitment to service in our community.
- You are a leader and self-starter who can initiate and staff various TVCR programs in a highly organized manner.
- You are a strong multi-tasker, problem solver, and decision maker, all with minimal supervision
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a high degree of computer proficiency, including with Excel, MS Word, Quickbooks, MailChimp, Google Forms, Canva and Little Green Light database software, and various social media platforms.
- You demonstrate the ability to prioritize and coordinate with other agencies who have their own agendas and objectives. Collaboration and managing expectations are essential in this role.
- You know how to work with a board of directors or similar group.
- You have the ability to work from home some or all of the time.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of experience in an environmental or similar non-profit field
Experience: Non-profit and leadership experience; prefer 2+ years of teaching experience. Knowledge of waste diversion and recycling, or willingness to learn. Some background in fundraising and grant writing is preferred.
Email to Jo Wildnauer, TVCR Board President, email@example.com
- A letter of interest, describing why you are interested in the position and your specific qualifications for this position
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
This position is open until filled; priority will be given to qualified applicants who submit a full application by February 21st, 2022. Preferred start date is March 21st, 2022.