TVCR seeks Executive Director
Teton Valley Community Recycling seeks an Executive Director to lead the organization in developing ethical waste reduction solutions that are financially and environmentally sound for our community. The position is part-time, averaging 12-20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Nonprofit leadership experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including website and social media.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of local leaders and a willingness to speak in public meetings or gatherings.
- Fundraising experience, including grant writing, sponsorships, planning fundraising events, and working with private donors.
- Knowledge of waste diversion and recycling.
- Experience designing and leading community outreach programs for people of all ages.
- Passion for TVCR’s mission.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of TVCR.
- Manage and organize TVCR programs and events.
- Conduct public outreach and education programs in the community and schools.
- Research, track, and write grant funding proposals.
- Assist the Board of Directors in developing and meeting annual fundraising goals to ensure the growth and sustainability of the organization.
- Direct the development and implementation of a balanced annual budget.
- Maintain donor records and database.
- Keep abreast of waste and recycling management issues on a local and regional level.
- Guide TVCR’s public relations, including media contacts and communication with the public.
- Write monthly e-newsletters and the “Thinking Outside the Trash Can” column in the Teton Valley News.
- Maintain and update the TVCR website and facebook page.
- Meet and report to the Board of Directors on a regular basis (usually once per month).
- Support the Board with teambuilding activities (e.g., board retreats, strategic/development planning).
Send an electronic pdf resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 29th, 2017. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.