Teton Valley Community Recycling Seeks an Executive Director
Teton Valley Community Recycling (TVCR) is looking for our next organizational leader. Partner
with our Board of Directors and contribute to promoting a sustainable community and a
cleaner Teton Valley. Our mission is to promote ethical waste reduction solutions that are
financially and environmentally sound for our community. We work in Teton County Idaho to
implement programs, educate about, and advocate for waste reduction, reuse, and recycling.
The Executive Director works with the TVCR Board, supporters, and community partners,
including the County Transfer Station and the commercial waste hauler, RAD Curbside. This
position has a myriad of responsibilities including managing our operations and finances, and
direct staffing of programs on an ongoing basis. A high degree of initiative and attention to
detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional attitude and flexibility
are required in order to balance the variety of responsibilities and partners. The ideal candidate
will have experience with non-profit administration, working with a volunteer board of directors,
grant writing experience, strong software skills, an affinity for teaching, and a commitment to
Schedule: . Flexible work schedule is one of the main perks for this 20 to 30 hour per week positio.n Work from home is possible. Occasional evening and weekend work is required for various events.
Compensation: Starting salary is dependent on experience for this 20-30 hour per week
position ranging from $20-35/hour.. Non-taxable benefits are available, including a cost of living stipend, phone, mileage reimbursement, and more.
• Serve as a knowledgeable, friendly, professional first point of contact for the organization.
• Oversee all day to day operations of TVCR.
• Implement and maintain timely programs that encourage our community to reduce, reuse
• Prioritize and manage multiple new and ongoing projects with varying timelines and
• Coordinate fundraising goals and functions with the board; fund future TVCR initiatives
through grant writing.
• Partner with the county, the waste hauler, and other essential partners to increase waste
diversion in the county by representing TVCR’s goals in regular meetings with these
• Provide TVCR education programs in the schools, as well as other community education
initiatives with a broad range of people.
• Work with volunteers and the board to maintain our Terracycle, Bags to Benches, and other
waste collection programs.
• Answer recycling questions from the public through the “Text to Recycle” program, and
work with the county transfer station to help disseminate recycling information.
• Keep abreast of local, regional, and national solid waste topics.
• Prepare for, coordinate, and support monthly board meetings with the board.
• Develop and maintain a balanced annual budget.
• Maintain and update all TVCR files and documents in a timely manner; keep computer
software running and current.
• Regularly maintain web and social media sites.
• Maintain donor database files.
• Be an enthusiastic and knowledgeable advocate for waste reduction, with a commitment to
service in our community.
• Be a leader and self-starter who can initiate and staff various TVCR programs in a highly
• Be a strong multi-tasker, problem solver, and decision maker, all with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a high degree of computer proficiency, including with Excel, MS Word, Quickbooks,
MailChimp, Google Forms, Canva and Little Green Light database software, and various
social media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate with other agencies who have their own
agendas and objectives. Collaboration and managing expectations are essential in this role.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a board of directors or similar group.
• Ability to work from home some or all of the time.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or three years of experience in an environmental or similar
Experience: Non-profit and leadership experience; prefer 2+ years of teaching experience.
Knowledge of waste diversion and recycling, or willingness to learn. Some background in
fundraising and grant writing is preferred.
Email to Jo Wildnauer, TVCR Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A letter of interest, describing why you are interested in the position and your specific
qualifications for this position
3. Names and contact information for 3 professional references
This position is open until filled; priority will be given to qualified applicants who submit a full
application by February 21st, 2022. Preferred start date is March 21st, 2022.