To develop ethical waste reduction solutions that are financially and environmentally sound for our community.
A healthy community that reduces, reuses, recycles, and rethinks its way towards zero waste.
Transforming Waste into Resources.
Teton Valley Community Recycling (TVCR) has been the advocate for integrated waste management, municipal composting, DEQ compliance, waste reduction and recycling in the Valley since 1997. During these years, we have come to understand that recycling cannot exist as a stand-alone operation; rather, it must integrate with well managed waste program.
- Implementing the Waste Diversion Plan that was created to guide Teton County through the best strategies for reducing waste and increasing diversion.
- “Close the Loop” programming that connects waste producers with local businesses, farms, and individuals who can use the waste product.
- Education programs in schools and Recycling Center tours.
- Community outreach, education and special events, including an environmental film series, presentations and workshops, a monthly column in the Teton Valley News, and a monthly e-newsletter.
- Grant writing that supports both Teton Valley Community Recycling complete it’s goals as well as supports Teton County Solid Waste department.
- TVCR works toward ethical waste reduction solutions that are financially and environmentally sound for our community. The key words here are “waste reduction,” “ethical,” “financially sound,” and “environment.”
- TVCR works as a regional and state liaison to provide equipment for more advanced recycling opportunities and shared resources.