Volunteer with TVCR
Are you interested in making a difference in your community?
Are you available to volunteer a couple of hours a month?
Do you have a skill that you want to share with a small, grassroots organization?
Volunteer with Teton Valley Community Recycling!
We have several opportunities available; email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1. Recycling Center Outreach: TVCR has 1-2 volunteers doing outreach at the Recycling Bins at the Transfer Station during busy hours on Saturdays. Volunteers provide recyclers with the most up to date information on what can be recycled, help newcomers sort their recyclables, and generally make recycling fun. Teton County staff say there is much less contamination in the bins when we have volunteers working. Also, by taking the burden of monitoring off of staff during peak hours, they have time to pull cardboard and other recyclables out of the waste pile. This has greatly increased the amount of materials diverted from the landfill. TVCR is grateful for grant support from Silverstar Communications that helped us purchase safety vests and other materials for our Recycling Center Outreach program.
2. Volunteer at events: TVCR is always looking for extra hands to help us set up and run large events such as the TRASH BASH, the Tin Cup Challenge, and a film festival planned for next winter.
3. Volunteer at the Tin Cup: Each nonprofit participating in the Tin Cup Challenge needs to log at least 20 volunteer hours. If you volunteer at the Tin Cup, you can use your hours to help us meet this quota.
4. Volunteer special skills: TVCR is very appreciative when community members volunteer their time and skills to help us with legal advice, graphic design, vehicle maintenance and more. If you have a special skill you would like to donate, email email@example.com.
5. Join our board or a committee: Help guide TVCR initiatives as a member of our volunteer board or by serving on our fundraising, education and outreach, or materials handling committees.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-354-2800.