NEWS AND EVENTS:
TVCR hires new Executive Director — Teton Valley Community Recycling announced this week that Jeannette Boner has been named their new Executive Director, taking the reigns from outgoing director Jennifer Werlin.
After more than 10 years in Teton Valley working in all capacities of the publishing industry, Boner turned her focus to her young and growing family and the life of a freelance writer before accepting the TVCR board’s offer last week. Boner has lived and worked in Teton County carving out a sweet little life tucked into the Tetons having worked as publisher, an editor, a business owner, and most passionately as a journalist.
When she’s not writing and weaving together local stories, she can be found along the local trails and slopes with her kid, her dog and her boy. Boner’s non profit work in Teton Valley includes currently serving as a board member with the Teton Valley Foundation. She also served as the co-chair for One Book, One Community and was a board member for the Teton Valley Education Foundation.
- A Ban on Plastic Bags?: Urge our state senator Mark Harris (R-District 32) to vote NO on HB 372 (the Banning Plastic Bag Ban bill). Not only is this a major tongue twister, but this is a bad bill for local communities' rights to decide whether or not to have plastic bag and other disposable products banned or taxed. Learn our reasoning and more on our blog! Thank you!
- Our TVCR Indoor Worm Composting Workshop on Saturday, November 14th was a blast and received many accolades! View our tv news coverage online here.
- Check out our new Recycling Guide Brochures! These will be distributed throughout Teton Valley at local businesses and government offices. View PDF file
- Thanks for making the Trash Bash celebration & fundraiser, "TRASHO'WEEN," on Saturday, October 24th a great success!
- READ OUR THANK YOU LETTER: (click here)
- Read our blog/Teton Valley News' monthly columns and Op Ed pieces about recycling and garbage pick-up and other recycling news at the Teton County transfer station/recycling center.
TVCR featured in the 1% for the Tetons Video Blitz!
TVCR was one of the featured nonprofits in the 2014 1% for the Tetons Video Blitz. Amateur filmmakers "Elucid" created this fantastic video about recycling in Teton Valley. We love the fact that this video used "recycled" clips from the past to tell the story of recycling.
Or click the link below to access the video.
Support businesses that support recycling! TVCR would like to thank the following premium sponsors of TVCR who help us provide sustaining resources for waste reduction in Teton Valley.